Cross-country navigation is the application's home screen, which has all the main instruments needed for rides.
Switching between maps is available in the upper right corner
IMPORTANT! If the maps aren't downloaded on the form, they will be available
for navigation as long as Internet access is present.
Always record the routes of your adventures. In the future you'll be able to go again or to share these routes with your friends.
To start the route, press the button in the screen's lower right corner – that's Start. While recording the route, BurnsOffroad automatically measures and displays trip time, your speed, distance traveled, and altitude. You can track your progress along the route on the map.
IMPORTANT! If you picked a route and pressed trail record, it won't start until you get to the route's starting point. Azimuth will help you reach the starting point.
Parking and Automatic Parking Modes
During your trip, you'll have to make pit stops or stop overnight. If you would like to make a stop, press the Pause button in the screen's lower right corner.
BurnsOffroad will record the parking duration, and you will later be able to determine how much time you spent on the road or resting.
In addition, if Automatic Parking Mode is on, you won't have to press the stop button, as the application will enter parking mode automatically at the set time.
In this mode you'll see a stop timer at the bottom of the screen.
Parking mode can be exited by pressing Start or just starting to drive, as the application will detect movement and turn off automatic parking mode.
- Route recording does not stop in parking mode.
- Stop time in parking mode is taken into account and can be seen as a separate index in the route card.
- The parking tag automatically appears on the tag.
- The device automatically enters energy saving mode during parking.
Saving a Route
If you have finished your adventure, press the Finish button in the screen's lower right corner. To save the route, enter its name and a short description, note the type of vehicle, predominant terrain (for instance, road, mud, or forest), and the difficulty level. Press the check box to save the route. After this it will appear in the Routes section. If you change your mind and would like to continue the ride, press the back button in the upper left corner.
To delete the route, press the wastebasket symbol in the upper right corner of the screen.
- The type of vehicle will be automatically backlit in accordance with the one you set in your profile, but you can choose any other one.
- All the saved routes can be found in the Routes section.
Locking the Screen
Screen lock is intended to prevent map movement in bad weather or if the phone gets dirty.
Map lock can be enabled by pressing the lock-shaped button in the lower left corner.
The screen can be unlocked by pressing any point on the map: an Unlock button will appear below . Click on it, and the screen will unlock.
Trails have their own parameters – color and thickness. To change them:
- Pick any trail on the map.
- Click on it.
- A brief description of the route the trail belongs to will appear below, along with a color palette and a trail width.
All the features will be saved and synced with the server, so you will also be able to see them online. All the trail's parameters will remain the same if the route is forwarded to other users.
While traveling, don't forget to leave markers with photos. Your markers will allow other riders to navigate this route: they'll suggest nice views and good spots for stopping, or warn about a dangerous stretch of the route.
In order to leave a marker, press the blue button in the lower right.
- The camera will open.
- Take a picture or choose one from the photo gallery.
- If the photo is acceptable, press the blue button on the right in order to fill in the marker information.
- If the photo didn't turn out, press the back arrow in the upper left corner.
- You can add up to 30 photos to a marker.
- Pick an icon for your marker that will represent its meaning and will help you orient yourself quickly among tens of markers on the trail in the future.
- Each marker has a name, but it can be changed. Enter your own or leave the default marker name.
- Write a simple description of the marker that will be clear to others and help them see this spot from your point of view.
- Pick the marker's privacy levels, thus determining who will be able to see it:
- private – for you and those with whom you shared the route,
- friends – for you and your friends,
- or public – for all the application's users.
- Click the check box above to save it.
The marker will be automatically created in your location. The marker information can be changed from anywhere, but you can only add photos in the location where the marker was created. That ensures that all the photos are real and related to this area only.